Tuesday 13 September 2016

George Orwell 1984: Instant Thoughts and Ideas

My final decision was on the novel 1984 by the author George Orwell. It I something that I am interested in greatly (as well as obsessed with). There is a lot of interesting and controversial imagery throughout this novel, which is another aspect to the reason I have chosen this for the REMAKE project in photography.

Since there is such a huge variety of interesting content, I am excited to get down to work with my research, planning, and genuine work.

Imagery and Content

So, just as I have already spoken of, the imagery and content plays a huge factor in what I enjoy about 1984. However, I'm not going to up and list every single piece of imagery throughout this story, because I don't need to, it's pointless. Only what is significant to my work.

  • Telescreens
  • Emmanuel Goldstein
  • The Place Where There Is No Darkness
  • Big Brother
  • The All-Seeing Eye
  • 'Sheep'
  • INGSOC
  • The Ministries

From this, I can start my research, find the significance of each of these, and get to work on photographs and editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment